With the conversion to ICD-10-CM set for Oct. 1, 2015, the time is now to educate both physicians and staff about the considerable changes in coding structure and the “explosion” of codes to manage that ICD-10 brings. With a good understanding of the coding conventions and careful documentation and coding, your practice can manage ICD-10-CM successfully.
Have your CD-10-CM code book ready for this webinar. You'll get hands-on, detailed ICD-10 training in how to:
- Use the expansive ICD-10 manual efficiently;
- Understand the official coding guidelines;
- Apply the new coding guidelines when assigning codes;
- Avoid denied claims because deficient documentation led to unspecified codes; and
- Audit your documentation, using in-class exercises.
This course was designed for physicians, medical office managers, coding and billing personnel, and other office personnel.
Recoded March 18, 2014
Released April 30, 2014
- History of International Classification of Disease (ICD)
- Scheduled ICD-9-CM updates leading to October 2014 ICD-10-CM deadline
- Conventions of ICD-10-CM
- Using the alphabetic index
- Tabular list
- Official guidelines for coding and reporting (2013dDraft)
- Hands-on coding exercises: Chart review for common ailments to determine if the notes would support ICD-10 code, and examine why or why not
Upon completion of this program participants should be able to:
- Outline the format difference between ICD-9 and ICD-10
- Use efficient techniques for using the ICD-10 manual
- Apply coding rules and guidelines for proper ICD-10 assignment
- Recognize documentation deficiencies that could lead to ICD-10 code errors or unspecified assignment
- Audio-visual presentation
- Online post-test and course evaluation
- A Windows based computer or laptop with speakers, and
- Microsoft Silverlight. Click here to test that you have Silverlight. Please call (877) 880-1335 if you need technical support.
Registration fees are nonrefundable.